What would a summer camp be like without counselors? BORING! The’re happy, fun, spiritual, and good examples. Also, our counselors are currently students in the BYU Theatre program or Music Dance Theatre program, so they LOVE theatre too and can help with everything you are learning in classes.
This is a full-time, overnight position. Counselors will supervise a group of 10–15 participants and will reside in the residence halls throughout the program. Housing and meals will be provided. You will assist with check-in and check-out, supervise evening activities, and teach nightly devotionals. Sunday evening hours will be required. Approximately 40 hours/week.
Each of our dedicated, enthusiastic counselors will be responsible to:
- Mentor a group of 10 to 15 youth for the weeklong camp, ensuring their physical and spiritual well-being.
- Regularly report to administrative staff about your specific stewardship.
- Be a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Teach youth in a variety of settings.
- Motivate and inspire; discipline when necessary.
As a representative of BYU, you will be required to:
- Be a member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Have at least one year of college, or one year of work experience out of high school in a music-related field.
- Enjoy working with youth and feel comfortable in small group settings.
- Be organized, teachable, and dependable.
- Complete ALL mandatory training requirements.
- Abide by the BYU Honor Code.
“She was so awesome! You could tell she really cared and took time to give us a good experience.”
“I loved all of the counselors. I look up to them!”
“Seemed really down-to-earth and spiritually connected.”
“Encouraged me and helped me build my confidence.”